Window Tinting at CBS Automotive
CBS Automotive can provide a professional window tinting service for all motor vehicles. Our technicians have extensive experience installing window tint for both private car owners and car dealerships.
We use only the finest films on the market to produce a finish that is hard to distinguish from factory glass and applying a window tint to glass produces a richer, more distinctive appearance, dramatically enhancing the look of any vehicle.
We use only the finest films on the market to produce a finish that is hard to distinguish from factory glass.
What are the benefits?
- Heat Reduction - Up to a 60% heat reduction can be achieved, window films will help your vehicle cool
- Reduce Fading - Using our film will block 99% of the sun's harmful UV rays helping to keep the driver and passengers cool, reduce the fading of seats and carpets and prolong the life of the inside of your vehicle including the dashboard, mobile, audio equipment and speakers.
- Reduce Glare And Driver Fatigue - reduces dangerous glare from the sun, headlights and reflective surfaces. Sun strips on the front windscreen are also useful, especially in the winter to spring months.
- Increase Safety, Security and Privacy - Window films will help to hold together broken glass if it is shattered in an accident and can also help to deter thefts from vehicles.
The law on window tinting
Vehicle & Operator Services Agency (VOSA) legal statement
Road Vehicles (Construction & Use) Regulations 1986 as amended specify the minimum levels of light that must pass through the windscreen and front side windows.
The limitations are:
- Motor vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1985:
- The light transmitted through the windscreen must be at least 75%.
- The front side windows must allow at least 70% of light to be transmitted through them.
If the glass is tinted to a point whereby it lets through less light, the vehicle does not meet legal requirements.